Thursday 19 January 2017

Bugged

The ghastly stomach lurgy has finally caught up with me so a day at home regularly trotting through the house. In between these occasional episodes I've been entering data from last year in to iRecord. Hopefully this year, with new phone and apps to hand, this annual epic will be a thing of the past. I'm pretty good at keeping up with my bird records, and that is now so much easier with the Birdtrack app, but keeping up with all my insect records as well has been a bit beyond me. Thus the sweat to get all the data entered for the various recorders, some of whom are very keen that my data arrives shortly. (We won't even mention the mammal records...)

The blog looks a bit different as I've finally changed the background. I'm also working on the links to make sure they are all relevant. It's needed a bit of a refresh for a while.

Rather proud of my Patchwork Challenge effort for last year, the Palace patch really did the business with finds of Lesser Scaup, Olive-backed Pipit, Common Rosefinch and Yellow-browed Warbler to name a few. The home patch score was ok as well, plenty of Birdtrack full lists entered. In the end the patches accounted for 385 full lists and 10,090 records, good luck to the report writers... oh, beggar I do some of that. Recently wrestling with the new Patchwork Challenge website, well done to all concerned for getting it up there but it does have a few glitches, hopefully soon to be sorted out.

Here are pictures from last weekend.

 Gadwall, Loch of Boardhouse, 2nd patch record


Sometimes tricky, Grey Plover


 Kittiwake against the waves

Song Thrush

Common Seal


...and images from the home patch




No comments: