Sunday 19 May 2019

Rain

It rained yesterday, I can't remember when it last did that here. I'd turned the MV off when I went to bed but left the two actinics going and they produced new moths for the year.

 White Ermine

Common Pug

The moth traps also included some invaders including a few Tipula oleracea, the Empid, Empis stercorea and two species of caddis, Stenyphylax pernistus, but there was another one as well which I need to try and key out.

I have a pile of beetles to key out, the wet weather was not encouraging for searching in poo but I did have a brief poke around at Birsay Links where there were at least three different Aphodians. There were some huge larvae in the poo as well so I suspect a more thorough search might produce a Geotrupes, the weather is supposed to cheer up this afternoon, thick mist at the moment.

No comments: