Sunday 1 November 2020

Shed.

 Woke up this morning and it was freezing, lights, action, no! Electric, no. Hide under covers hope things improve. 

Last night, it being Halloween, I had to check work a couple of times. The second time I went down there I struggled to get out of the car as the wind was so strong it just blew the door shut. When I did get out it was like cycling up the Angiru (iconic Vuelta race climb) to get to the building.

So the other wonderful news when I woke up was the shed.

At least the window had the decency to fall out into the trailer.

So the day was spent....


A Grey Wag overhead being the only consolation. And there are still some Brambling hanging around.

Anyway by late afternoon some sort of job had been done. Pleased I'd bought some wood and fixing stuff the other week.


More wind forecast for tonight, it's already building. Hope the shed is still there tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I caught a cranefly on the outside of the kitchen window. It was a good opportunity to have a go with the focus stacking system within the Olympus EM5. Had a go at keying the fly out with the Shropshire key, unsuccessfully. I've stuck it on Twitter hopefully. (Tipula pagana, thanks BH.)



Tipula pagana, male (thanks BH).

Watched some interesting films the last few days, Octopus, My Teacher, a wildlife film (of sorts), highly recommended. And The Social Dilemma which has some important info about social media. Follow up info here - https://www.humanetech.com/


 

No comments: