Wednesday 14 July 2010

Back home

Got home on Monday evening and immediately got the moth trap going as the conditions were perfect.

Tuesday morning as I approached the trap I was met by a thin stream of escaping Magpies (moths) and Silver-ground Carpets. Getting there I realised I was going to have my work cut out, there were Burnished Brass, Beautiful Golden Y and more of the afore mentioned Magpies and carpets around the outside and good numbers of micros. Today, Wednesday, I still have some to identify. I'll post some pix and a list later.

On the Shunan yesterday were 6 Black-tailed Godwits, still present this morning. A Sparrowhawk visited the garden twice and an adult Arctic Skua entered airspace flying over the house and garden in the afternoon.

The trip away was not a birding or mothing enterprise but Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary was found in some numbers at two sites and some, hopefully, useful Atlas records were noted.

No comments: