Friday 24 September 2010

It's all at The Coop now

The last time I saw a Buff-breased Sand was on a Northumberland beach some 22 or 23 years ago. Yesterday's was a bit hard to see and I only just got there before the light made viewing impossible and the bird (presumably) went to sleep. Whilst it was active it was like a little hunchbacked, clockwork toy let loose amongst the snoozing Goldies, quite a revelation. Thanks for that one PH.

On the way there I snaffled the Coop's current special offer (Pec Sand) - note to the manager please can we have something more petite from America next week; American, feeding in the mud and yellow legs are good, just quite a bit smaller.

I can't remember when I last saw two species of American wader (shorebird) in a day (that's excepting when I went to California) maybe I've never done that in UK before.

It's about 20 years since I last saw Dick Gaughan, he was in great voice last night at the Hope, excellent. It's at least 20 years since I last won a raffle, nice prize too - thanks for buying the tickets JB!!

Yea, that was a good day :-)

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Alastair I found that!!!At Hadston Beach.....?

Alastair said...

I think that's the spot, Dave Constantine and I went up from Sunderland one evening, I vaguely remember finding a local hostelry (Dave was driving) near a caravan site? It's all a bit of a blur to be honest. But smart bird in classic poses on the beach (unlike the animated little beast of Thursdy evening).