Sunday 22 May 2016

There's a cokcok in the garden

I was birding at Palace when the text came through, could not figure it out at all so texted back to younger daughter. Reply came through, Cookcoo, now I was with it. Two years since I saw or heard one at home. I didn't exactly rush back though and dipped, and although I spent much of the rest of the day in the garden, no sign.



This Pied Wag was very cooperative as I went down the track this morning. At Palace I saw a couple of these...
Still moving through, White Wagtail.

Indeed it was a day for black and white things at Palace, well this was more white.

A very pale adult Iceland Gull.

And the Brent Geese were still there although a little elusive at times and hiding round at The Links.


There were three Carrion Crows amongst the Hoodies but I didn't manage to photograph them.




 More gratuitous Harbour Seal pix - surprised and...

having a laff...

Back at the ranch there are branchers in the rookery.

 Nearly

This one was out.

Rookery

Now for some colour from our wee wood

Pink Purslane

Spanish Bluebell

3 comments:

Nick Carter said...

Some great photos there mate, new camera?

Alastair said...

Yes the SX50 got dust on the sensor so I upgraded to the SX60. My worries from reviews that images would be a bit softer were entirely unfounded and the images are really lovely and sharp. I would recommend this camera currently available for under £270 with Canon cashback (bit of a hassle to get the £30 back tho). The macro is pretty good as well.

Nick Carter said...

Is it easy for a non-photographer numpty to use (ie me!)