Saturday 20 February 2010

Guillemots




Went for a walk at Marwick Head during the middle of the day and saw a zillion Guillemots on the cliffs, very impressive.

Not a Guillemot


Not much else to report though. The strongly suspected Barn Owl observed as I drove up the Dounby Road on Tuesday evening failed to show when I made an effort at the same time today. Good habo and plenty of roosting places so worth another go. I wish I'd stopped in the first place tho', but it was "only" a Barn Owl.

On Friday morning I dipped the Bearded Seal reported at Finstown the previous day.

In the garden two Greenfinch continue to be around, a Merlin joined the from the garden list by sitting on a post by distant Loch of Bosquoy for half an hour this morning. At work two Oystercatchers were on the roof, so that's their territory sorted.

No comments: