Wednesday 5 December 2012

Foot it

The Foot it challenge for January looks like fun too. It will fit in with broken car and Patchwork if I use the same area (actually, hoping the car will be back in action tomorrow, but all the same). So how many species could I see from home in January using shanks pony only. I'll have to work that out.... Well last year it was 42, but I don't think I was trying very hard. A play with a spreadsheet and I think 58 should be possible. That includes Feral Pigeon but does not include going up on the moor. Meadow Pipit and Pied Wagtail are not included as they can be very difficult in January almost anywhere on Orkney, I don't think I have any January records for those species whilst I've been here. 58 includes some trickyish species so it seems about fair.

No comments: