Monday 20 April 2020

Green-winged Teal

It's a while since I found a half decent bird so a Green-winged Teal on Loch of Bosquoy was rewarding.

Green-winged Teal

The photo is at 100x digital enlargement so not the greatest. Also Bosquoy way were 18 Black-tailed Godwits and a few Ruff. All pretty good for a wander down the hill.

Also had a fair tramp up on the moor. Louise had seen nine Emperor Moths, all flutterin' flybys, I wasn't so lucky, but did find this empty pupal case.

Emperor Moth pupal case.

Very frustrating trying to identify Staphylinidae, they are quite hard, even when using the excellent Danish beetle, online key, Lott and Mike Hackston. In the end I went for a wander and found some beetles I could identify.

 Paranchus albipes.

Also down by the burn I found Bembidion bruxellense again, pretty impossible to photograph without murdering, so I put it back. I also found some interesting things at the field edge, 

 Clivinia fossor.

Leistus fulvibarbis.

There were a couple of Pterostichus strenuus with them as well.

A moth trap intruder, Cepeae hortensis.

I've also had Cornu aspersum in a trap a couple of times but not much interest in there really, it's been too cold.

Common Quaker.

Just Hebrew Character and Clouded Drab otherwise. The new LED / Synergetic combo with the Robinson seems to work well though.

 Mute Swan in the evening down at The Shunan.




No comments: