Wednesday 16 September 2020

Vapourer

 Put two traps out on Monday night. We were going out for a meal, special occasion, so I had to put them on early, well before dark. It was still and drizzling. By the time we came back from the pub there were a lot of Diptera and caddis around the lights.

I managed to wake up before the Robins were active, they have bred here this year, three pairs and two broods from at least one of them, they are keen on moths (for breakfast). I nearly missed it, but there on the vanes of the synergetic was the prize that made the effort worthwhile, a Vapourer.



Vapourer.

I've been trapping here since spring 2010, so just over ten years and this is the first time I've found this species, not seen a caterpillar or an adult previously. This a species frequently found in the county, usually as a cat.

Otherwise a Small Wainscott was first for the year, another Acleris effractana/emargana and playing with my new flash gun a Painted Woodlouse and a Tree Slug.

Porcellio spinicornis.

Tree Slug.

No comments: