Friday 23 October 2020

... and Blogger is driving me a bit nuts.

 Hey, Blogger fix this. Very annoying, sometimes you can't post the next picture. Trouble with the last post, so trying to add the last bits here. Seems best to add the captions as a final edit.

Another fungi, Candlesnuff, smart little thing. Thanks to LJ for confirming and MS for getting me on the right track (unknown to him but bumped into the ID on his blog).

Xylaria hypoxylon.

Also, spent some time yesterday getting pictures of Rooks and the rookery.



Today I eventually wandered down to Loch of Bosquoy via the dead swan in the field which now contains four rams. The swan had gone into the powerlines, a not uncommon cause of death here. I couldn't see from the road if it was Mute or Whooper and anyway maybe there might be some beetles. 


On the way I came across a stoat, hopefully the new traps will deal with these, I reckon they have done for quite a few wader and duck broods this year.


Down at the loch I walked up to a Mute that I thought wasn't very well. I'd flushed the Wigeon and Snipe that were all around it, a photo opportunity with the wide angle lens though, I walked up to it within a few feet. It woke up as I pressed the shutter, not sure which of us was more surprised.


The two Goosander were still at the loch and there were a couple of Jack Snipe amongst the Snipe.

Walking back up the track I cam across this Ruby Tiger cat.



Ruby Tiger

Oh, and it's raining again...

On the virus - this is interesting - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/why-we-might-not-get-a-coronavirus-vaccine

And this series of programmes is very informative. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002vsnb


No comments: