Friday 23 October 2020

It stopped raining, for a day.

Orkney is a place with changeable weather, it doesn't often get stuck, so three days of rain is not that common an occurence. Yesterday dawned bright and sunny and calm and around the middle of the day we headed for Yesnaby.
 



There was a cloud of flying insects in the still conditions.


Thrift.



Carabus arvensis.

I was so pleased to find this beetle and such a smart beastie.

Also quite a few fungi.


Lycoperdon lividum maybe?


Not sure what this is but I like the springtails in and around it.


Another I don't know.

Scottish Primrose, over.

Sward.

Back at home I'd found a few other fungi species:


Coprinopsis micaceus I think.

Nectria cimnabarina

Dead Man's Fingers, Xylaria polymorpha or Dead Moll's Fingers, Xylaria longipes.  

No comments: