Tuesday 21 December 2021

Not Knot maybe?

I'm trying to sort out all the bird records for The Shunan patch since August 2009. That really shouldn't be too hard, even though Birdtrack use was a bit patchy 2009 to 2012, it is indeed a good bit better than I thought. However, the one record of Knot in Birdtrack for 12/09/2010 didn't ring a memory bell. I checked this blog, nothing on here, that makes me a tad suspicious. A rummage in the cupboard amongst many notebooks. Eventually I unearthered the one; nothing for Knot on that date, just four Red Admiral. Record to be deleted; I suspect I added a Knot when it should have been a Ruff (next row down).

My memory was jogged re the Temminck's Stint which I had entirely forgotten. But I can remember the day well, as I had been to Auskerry and got the message as we returned on the boat. Couldn't find it at first but whilst I was cooking tea AL did find it and message received I leapt into the car, nearly lost it on the bend, saw the stint. To add to Birdtrack, it wasn't in there. No pix it was at the far end.

Here's a Knot that doesn't look like a Knot (instead of the Knot that didn't exist).



No comments: