Sunday 16 October 2022

Migration.

I went south for a bit more than a week, to London first and then to Dundee. It's the furthest south I've been for a lot of years. Helping daughters with their accommodation was the mission and they seemed happy with what I managed to get done.

London was full of Ring-necked Parakeets, it was the commonest bird by far, they could be heard all the time. I might have heard one House Sparrow, once. No Starlings. I did manage various other species I don't see here, or see rarely, like Mistle Thrush, Great and Blue Tits, Magpie and Jay. 

On the 365 species front I managed just one new species, I thought I had two but one identification was complicated by a related species so in the end I could only claim Apple Leaf-miner, 

Leaf mine of Lyonetia clerkella, on apple.

However, I can't have this one:

Stigmella anomalella (Rose leaf-miner), on rose, but it could be Stigmella centifoliella, so I can't claim that.

Self-protrait.

I like how the company sign has been completely webbed over, nature's ultimate supremacy, everything tends to entropy. (The view and service was fab, the food was a bit crap.)

I arrived home and woke to a garden full of Redwings, Blackbirds, a few Fieldfares, feeding on the berries of the Swedish Whitbeam and skys of Snipe. 


Blackbird.



Fieldfare.


Redwing.




No comments: